I understand your pain and frustrations with autoimmunity. I was diagnosed with celiac disease at age 42 after suffering a lifetime with misdiagnosed pain and digestive problems. I also had Grave's disease (autoimmune hyperthyroid), and psoriasis. Two years after the celiac diagnosis, despite what I thought was a healthy "gluten free" diet, I still struggled with some other symptoms. Blood work showed I had markers for at least half a dozen more autoimmune diseases, including Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome, but not enough antibodies to tell me which it was. And then...duh duh duuuuhhh! Yep, early menopause! At age 44!
When I was diagnosed with celiac, I did not mourn the loss of bread and pasta, I rejoiced in finally understanding a lifetime of pain and now I have the knowledge to fix it! Although, I do sometimes miss grilled cheese sammiches! In the years since my diagnosis, I have tweaked my free from gluten diet (see what I did there?) and found what works for me and I feel fantastic! I am more healthy now at 49 than I was at 17! People often cannot guess my age, and think I am 10 years younger.
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in May 2015. They taught me innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories. On my own, I have been reading and studying nutrition and how it affects autoimmune disease since my own diagnosis with celiac in 2009.
Before I started my training with IIN, I was already coaching family, friends and neighbours who struggled with weight, diabetes, brain fog, and other issues. Plus one or two who just wanted to figure out how to eat good foods that would help them build more muscle and lift heavy things! (not my thing...but hey, we're all about bio-individuality around here!). I finally found what I want to be when I grow up!
At the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I learned more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, and my own personal experiences, I will help you create a completely personalized “road map to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
Are you curious about how health coaching can help you? Let’s talk. Schedule a free one hour consultation with me today.
What makes me an expert? Besides living with 3 autoimmune diseases, (plus one in remission) I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts, including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Christine Hassler MA, Spiritual Psychology, life coach, speaker, author Expectation Hangover
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Sisson, author, The Primal Blueprint, and The Primal Connection. Founder of marksdailyapple.com
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and illness prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with people with autoimmune disease like you, to help you make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of how food can affect your autoimmune disease, and lifestyle tweaks that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.
I work with clients one-on-one as well as in groups, I support people who want to have more energy, reduce stress, maintain a healthy weight, or learn how to manage their chronic disease symptoms. I specialize with people who have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease because I'm right there with them. If you have painful or annoying symptoms, despite medication, and you're dealing with difficult side effects from the medications. Your doctor doesn't understand you, or doesn't have time for all of your questions. You're struggling with brain fog, and fatigue, and you just want your life back, I'm your "go to". Your doctor doesn't have time to sit down and talk to you about all of your concerns, she's got time for one or two questions at most, and then she's rushing you out the door. I'm like a pitbull. Tenacious, and fiercely loyal. I will stick by you, and keep digging until we find what works. I will sit and listen to your concerns, and coach you to find the best solution for You. It's not a "cookie cutter" service. Each person is different, and what works for me, might not work for you. That's bio-individuality!
Contact me today to schedule your free one hour consult.